In addition to state law, the following provisions govern the general possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages on the campus:
Oakland University Ordinance # 5.01.
- A person who is less than 21 years of age shall not possess or consume any alcoholic beverage on the campus.
- A person shall not provide any alcoholic beverage to a person less than 21 years of age on the campus.
- No person shall consume or possess any alcoholic beverage on the campus except in permitted areas as established by this section. The lawful possession and lawful and moderate use of alcoholic beverages shall be permitted:
- In private areas of university housing facilities including rooms, suites and apartments.
- In private homes on campus.
- During scheduled and official university activities on campus as approved by the President.
- The use of alcoholic beverages shall not be deemed to be moderate if it causes material impairment of the senses, judgment or physical abilities of the user or if it causes the user to create a disturbance that interferes with the normal and uninterrupted use of the campus.
- It shall be a misdemeanor for a person to be intoxicated on the campus and acting in such a manner that endangers directly the safety of another person or of property or causes a disturbance that interferes with the normal and uninterrupted use of the campus.